Looking back on 2015, I can’t believe how much has happened in the span of one year. I started the year with the brilliance of the Hamilton musical and ended it with a rekindling of my Star Wars love. I experienced the natural wonders of my home country and explored its rich history. I formed amazing new friendships and strengthened old ones. Also, I can’t forget that I started this blog and sold a poem this year!
2015 wasn’t always kind, and I know it was challenging for many people. While I had my own low moments, the highs of the past year far outweighed them. By my count, this may have been my geekiest year yet! No other year has given me the collective awesome that was:
- a masterful musical about my favorite Founding Father
- a surprise Star Wars concert at SDCC (lightsabers included)
- actually seeing Charlie Cox with my friends while traipsing about New York City & joking about Daredevil
- hanging out with YA authors
- standing where the American Revolution started & visiting Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women house
- meeting BB-8
- getting an a new Star Wars movie and loving it. Bonus: forming an instant new celeb crush.
- And so much more!!
Here’s a more comprehensive look at my past year: Goodbye 2015.
I can’t wait to see what 2016 has in store.
Let’s toast to more fun with friends and family, more game-changing art, more words written and books read, more wanderlust and wonder, and always new adventures on the horizon. Live colorfully, friends.
To the new year! To 2016!
Look around, look around. How lucky we are to be alive right now! -“The Schuyler Sisters,” HAMILTON: An American Musical