As I wrote last week, I wanted to post an updated “30 Before 30” list now that I’m 30. A few of the items I didn’t complete have migrated to this new list while others haven’t after my re-evaluation.
If you remember my original 30 Before 30 post, I first read about the idea from Katy Upperman. When she passed her deadline, she changed her list into a “Life List,” which I also loved. I’m terrible at setting down goals or even writing New Year’s Resolutions. So having a Life List is a great way of keeping things I want to do in mind and on track.
But I’m not quite ready to have an open deadline yet. I’m updating my 30 Before 30 list into a 30 Before 35 one. There are definitely a few things I’d like to try or work on in the next 5 years. I figure this will give me some focus and motivation.
And again, I understand some of these items are out of my control or highly dependent on other factors, but I think it’s good to have it out there. Like making a wish.
Without further ado, here’s the list:
- Road trip up the Pacific Coast Highway.
- Finally read Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell.
- Go on a writers’ retreat.
- Finish book trilogies: Graceling Realm, Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Lynburn Legacy.
- Tour the White House.
- See a ballet.
- Rehaul my closet.
- Finish a manuscript.
- Learn calligraphy.
- Read Jellicoe Road.
- Take Loki to the beach.
- Make Magic Coffee.
- Wander Iceland.
- Have Dole Whip in Hawaii.
- Get my own place.
- Paint a portrait of my dog.
- Write a short story & sub it.
- Visit The Ripped Bodice.
- Sell more poems.
- Read Anne Lamott’s Bird by Bird.
- Develop a consistent workout habit.
- See the Winchester Mystery House.
- Explore more National Parks.
- Prune my bookshelves.
- Create a gallery wall.
- Attend a geeky convention that isn’t SDCC.
- Tour Mount Vernon and Monticello.
- Learn to read tarot.
- Put together a poetry chapbook.
- Go to Disneyworld.
I will be updating the list at the 30 Before 35 tab, and you’ll be able to find my new list-relevant posts under the 30 Before 35 tag.
Here’s to many more adventures!
What’s on your 30 list for the next 5 years?